On this day 9 June 2018

Skipper

These photos were taken on the 9th June on a very lovely day, the sun was shining and I got to see my first Skipper of the year (not seen one since)

I just wandered round the park and took photos of flowers , insects and birds as I came across them.

Red Clover



Not sure what Bumblebee this was very large and a stripy bottom, could be a
 common carder bumblebee .

It's wings seem very small for such a big Bee.







Buttercups 
At the pond there was a Broad-bodied Chaser dragonfly spotted, but I love the reflection these (I think)  Common Blue Damselfly were making on the water.








There was some Mallard ducklings out having a preen in the sunshine.





You might remember we lost the male Swan last month, mum managed to raise two lovely signets .









Bramble flower , Blackberry 


On Kirk Lane Park next to Nunroyd the rose bed is at it's best, and the roses smelled lovely.





On the way out of the park there is a electric box! plot of land .
The fox and cubs wildflower (Pilosella aurantiaca) thrives on the gravel. Sadly they oven cut them down, but they manage to grow back every year.

4 comments:

  1. Beautiful photos of the flowers and insects :) I think the furry gingery bee is Common Carder - they are the most numerous bee in our garden and really rather cuddly!

    What a gorgeous display of fox and cubs and so sad that they cut them down :(

    The cygnets are rather cute :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for th I'd on the Bee, hard to get a good photo as they move about so fast on the flowers.

      Delete
  2. Lovely photos, I especially love the damselfly on the feather!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Pam for leaving a comment, hope to photograph some more dragonflies.

      Delete