On this day 4 October 2018



Another visit to the park and a plan has been hatched, to help me cope with the winter blues I have come up with the idea to record as much as possible at the park through the winter months starting with October.

 Having an Idea and something to do is a great help to get me out side when the weather is rather gloomy.

If the wind is blowing and the rain is to bad to ride my bike a 30 minuet walk round the park will lift my spirits.



As well as recording the nature I want to have a collection of patterns, creating art from the things I find.

Autumn is one of my favourite seasons, I want to have a go at expressing myself not just through photography but through poetry , creative writing and drawing. Having the confidence to have a go is half the battle.

To slow down , listen, smell and see.


Himalayan balsam



I stopped myself from walking to fast and stood for awhile, the sweet sickly smell of the balsam flower drifted across in the damp air. Not a smell I like, this plant has become such an invasive species and can be found almost every where. But the late flowering plant offers a light feast to wondering bees.

Having stopped to listen and smell the air, I was delighted to hear two Chiffchaffs  singing, not sure if they should have move on by now. I do know that some birds have started to over winter in the UK rather than going somewhere warm.



The Squirrels have brought me much joy over my last few visits, watching them hide as many conkers as they can never to be found again.

It was mentioned on Facebook there seemed to be few about, so as I am walking round I have made a note on how many I see, just in the time I am there.


Today I saw ten individuals throughout my walk.

    





Another thing that brings me joy is seeing the conkers, after the wind the other day the ground was covered, it seemed such a shame . They are such a beautiful colour and bring back so many memories from my childhood as well as looking for conkers with my children. Thankfully children and parents can still be seen spending time together collecting.

Hedge Mustard (Sisymbrium officinale)


Growing on the side of the road were they have disrupted the soil to put some posts in , was a few Hedge Mustard (Sisymbrium officinale) plants. 

Discovering I have recorded it before up at the old ca park but not put it on the "park list" blog. 



Before heading home I stood and watched a Robin sing, now back in the garden and parks having been away for the summer months.




No comments:

Post a Comment