Storm Ciara came to the Park


Sunday , February 9, 2020


Today the UK was battered and wet from Storm Ciara, with high winds and flash flooding across the country, Yorkshire was hit quite hard once again.

I had not planed to go to the park but the rained stopped for a few hours this afternoon. People had posted on Facebook the extent of the flooding. By the time I went the water had gone down quite a bit but there was still plenty left behind.







There was plenty of tree debris due to the wind so I photographed some of the fungi and lichen I found on the twigs.

Wood ear or Jelly ear fungi

Moss

Lichen



















There were many families enjoying the break in the weather.




Lichen, Xanthoria, Teloschistaceae family, 


Could be the start of Jelly Ear fungi

Lichen, Xanthoria, Teloschistaceae family,

Can be green as well as bright yellow

2 comments:

  1. I saw the videos of the water around the park, it's not often the stream looks like that! I can see it was still very wet from your photos, it's nice to see the Lichen and flowers in the midst of it all.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Pam, if I had not seen the photos on Facebook I would not have gone, great to document these events just as much as the wildlife. I was surprised to see so many people out having a look too.

      Delete