On this day 26 April 2020


   I have been going to the park over the last few months , but have not got round to posting any of the photos!

Today (26th April) i was lucky enough to spot Orange tip butterflies mating , it was the other males trying to get at the female which caught my eye. the pair mating were quite hard to spot especially when the orange tips of the male was closed.

I took many photos so here are just a few... had a good day at the park despite the crowds of people .
(the park has become very popular due to Covid-19)










Red Campion
Cuckoo flower 

Cuckoo flower 
Green-veined white


Green-veined white
Creeping Buttercup 

Ramsons (Allium rusinum)

Ramsons (Allium rusinum)
Dandelion
Tiny Hoverfly
Bluebell

Bluebell

Bluebell
Garlic mustard
Forget-me-not
 

A Speedwell flower, most probable Common Field Speedwell 




Ribwort Plantain 


Hawthorn flowers



Dandelion seed head 

Common Vetch (Vicia sativa)

4 comments:

  1. Super photos Amanda and I love the ones of the Orange Tip pair. I don't think I have ever seen them mating. Your park looks good as it seems to have a lot of wilder natural areas as opposed to being manicured. A shame it is busy at the moment but the people will eventually disappear if and when life returns to normal!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks RR, yes the park has some lovely wild patches. Not as wild as they were when I first used to go as they have build paths all the way round giving access for young families with pram or even wheelchair, which is good.

      Delete
  2. The butterfly photos are so good, great to capture their behaviour and note that they're clearly not bothered by the extra people in the park!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Pam, have to say most people walk round the park unaware of the wildlife. Many people past me and not one enquired what I was photographing!

      Delete