On this day 10, 11, and 12th May 2021

7-Spot ladybird  (Coccinella septempunctata)

 
Here we have quite a few photos of the insects and some wild flowers I have seen over the three days at the park . Decided to put them all together in one BIG post, each insect have  their own page. There are just one or two I have not managed to name but will include them in case I find them again.

The weather in May has been wet and some days cold but when the sun did come out it was warm a right mixed bag of weather. Most of the plants are running up to two weeks late which has a knock on effect on EVERYTHING. 

I like to record what's about and see if it differs from year to year. There might be an odd thing were I have got the name wrong so please let me know and same for anything I have not managed to put a scientific name to.

12th May 2021 

Solitary bee


white tailed bumblebee (Bombus lucorum)

Honey bee (Apis)

Tree bee (Bombus hypnorum)




Orange-tip Butterfly (Anthocharis cardamines)

Orange-tip Butterfly (Anthocharis cardamines)

Harlequin Ladybird (Harmonia axyridis)

11th May 2021

Aphid

Hawthorn Shieldbug (Acanthosoma haemorrhoidale)


10th May 2021 

Speckled wood (Pararge aegeria)

Dew on leaf 

Flowering Nettle

Barkfly  (Psocoptera) (Outdoor) 

Harlequin Ladybird (Harmonia axyridis)

Green shield bug (Palomena prasina)

Aphids 

 
Cuckoo wasp
I did get a name for this cuckoo wasp but can't find the information !




Moth Flies - Psychodidae

Not sure if this is a wasp, fly or something else.


Hoverfly (Leucozona lucorum)

Hoverfly The footballer (Helophilus trivittatus)

Hoverfly

Red-tailed cuckoo bumblebee (Bombus rupestris)

Red-tailed cuckoo bumblebee (Bombus rupestris)

Red Campion (Silene dioica)

Large Bitter-Cress (Cardamine amara)

Might be, fungus, rust or insect damage 

Micro moth (Ancylis badiana)

I'm hoping the weather gets better in June , excited to see what I can find and photograph with my camera .


6 comments:

  1. Great photos with the new camera :) Truly wonderful and some great sightings. Not too many hoverflies round here at the moment so cold and wet!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Caroline, lots more hoverfly about today but struggle to get close with this camera before the fly of so still need to have both really. You have to be as still as possible and so does the subject to get a good photo.

      Delete
  2. The photos are fantastic, the new camera was a good purchase! :) x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Pam, thanks to my hubby for getting me the camera it has to be the best thing I have bought .

      Delete
  3. Some great finds, I especially love the Orange Tip photos - amazing!! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Mandy, whish the Male Orange tip would stay still long enough to get a photo!

      Delete